Monday, September 19, 2016

My First Trip to the Big House

The first time I went to the Big House, Michigan was playing Hawaii and it was the first game of the 2016 season. We drove two and a half hours to get to Ann Arbor and the excitement was rushing through my body. The reason we were going to the game is because my sister Lauren was given free tickets by her work, Nexteer, and she invited my dad, my brother Brandon, and I to go with her. So we all rode together down to Ann Arbor catching up and telling jokes. When we got to the Stadium we payed to park on the ginormous golf course across from the stadium where there was all types of people tailgating and "pre-gaming" in crazy maize and blue vehicles and outfits. This image instantly put a giant smile on my face as I felt like I was at home with all these people with the same interest as me. My sisters work had their own giant, decked out bus with Michigan all over it. The bus had speakers mounted on the outside blasting good music, and out front was a ton of "beverages" and great food.
(*Pic of my fam and I in front of the company bus...My face was full of burger so i look stupid /:*)

After 3 hours of filling our stomachs and playing corn hole, it was game time and the fans started shoveling into the Big House. Our seats were located a couple rows up behind Michigan's end zone. But when I walked through the hallway opening up to the stadium, it was like fireworks going off in my mind. I have never seen so many people in one place, it was crazy. And I saw why people say there is literally no bad seats in the whole stadium. Any where you walked you had a great view of the field and could feel the energy of the fans. But I guess I got too sucked into the atmosphere because at halftime I couldn't resist dropping a couple bucks in the infamous M Den.

(*Pic I took from our seats*)

We ended up killing the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors and it really wasn't much of a game but still an amazing experience none the less. When we left the stadium, we proceeded to tailgate again to celebrate the big win. An hour or so after the game ended I heard a bunch of young kids screaming across the street and I ran over to see what the commotion was about. The Michigan players were walking back to their dorms after the game and I got to see Deveon Smith and Jabrill Peppers, two of the best current players on the team. They both said they were too busy for a pic which kind of sucked but it was still a cool experience and the best way to top off the great day.

(*Pic I snagged of Jabrill cuz he wouldn't take one with me )-:*)

If you have never been to a Michigan Football game I would highly recommend it. It was one of the coolest experiences I've had and I hope to visit more games throughout this year and the future seasons to come.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved U of M. It's been my favorite teem since my sister went there. I've been to one game and hopefully will go to more.

    ReplyDelete