Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Most Winningest College Football Team Ever. Period. (Blog Post #1)

The reason I chose Michigan football for my new blog is because I've loved the maize and blue since I first watched college football. Michigan (football) is not the best team in todays game by no means, which is a title strongly held by the University of Alabama, but you can't say they haven't won more football games then any other university in the history of college football. Michigan currently holds the record with 915 wins and rising with a promising team for this season. The large amount of wins has accumulated 11 national titles, 42 Big Ten conference titles, 44 "Bowl" games, and 78 NCAA All-Americans. In a recent AP Poll, (Associated Press), college football analyst composed a list of "The 25 best college football teams ever", which I will throw a link to below, in where Michigan earned a respectful #4 ranking. Only ranking behind Oklahoma, Alabama, and that team nobody really cares about, Ohio State. But enough with the statistics, let me explain why I love U of M.

I remember watching my first football game on tv with my dad and my brother Brandon in my spiderman pajamas. I had to be around the age of 6. At the time I was completely oblivious to what I was actually watching but what I could understand was the joy the game was bringing my father. Every touchdown or defensive turnover Brandon and my dad would yell in celebration. This brought joy to me and made a connection in mind that Michigan football was cool. When you are a little kid you always want to be like your dad, and him being a Michigan fan is just a characteristic that I just adapted to. My love for the maize and blue grows stronger the older I get. I just recently went to my first game at the Big House, the experience was so awesome it influenced to create a blog about the Wolverines. I cannot wait to go to more. At times I have been disappointed with my beloved team, but my heart will always bleed the colors. Michigan football has always been a big part of my family's past time and I will continue on the tradition.

This blog will consist of weekly posts about recent events with Michigan Football, such as games, recruiting, statistics, and stories about my beloved team. Tune in next week which post will detail my experience with my first trip to the Big House.


Links:
AP Poll - http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/ap-college-football-rankings-greatest-programs-of-all-time

5 comments:

  1. I too am a huge UofM fan! They are off to a great start on this season and seem to be going places in the future. I really liked how well this blog is set up. It flows very well throughout. Hail the Victors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, I'm also a huge Michigan fan, and I went to my first game last year. I had so much fun and I loved watching them play in person. Even if we aren't the best team ever I will always be a die hard Michigan fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be good for me to read your blog. As an outsider, I have no vested interest in Michigan or State. So I'm always fascinated to hear from people who are really into one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michigan is one of my favorite teams as well! I have never been to a game but have always wanted to. Hopefully we can watch Michigan have a successful season this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete